How to green the Hospitality Sector?
Greening a property needs to take into account two main components:
- the property’s design and physical performances; and
- the hotel’s daily operations
All components need to be considered and continuously assessed simultaneously.
What can be done?
Invite all hospitality professionals to consider the following:
- Engage Hoteliers on green initiatives and related financial, technical and operational benefits
- Help identify areas of actions and apply corrective/proactive measures
- Raise awareness towards staff and end-users (i.e. hotel guests)
Position Emirates Green Building Council as a key stakeholder and support provider:
- Conduct workshops covering key areas of actions
- Develop green benchmarking data and analytical reports for the U.A.E. hotels
- Be recognized as a knowledge platform for green technologies, design practices and operations
- Cooperate with U.A.E. Authorities on eco-tourism and green buildings
- Promote the Green Key Program