- Winners of this year’s EmiratesGBC Awards to showcase their innovations and achievements
- 6 remarkable ideas and innovations in green buildings to be discussed at the event
Dubai, UAE; August 20th, 2016: Emirates Green Building Council (EmiratesGBC), an independent forum aimed at conserving the environment by strengthening and promoting green building practices, will showcase the best practices and experiences of the green building champions from across the Middle East and North Africa region at a special event on Wednesday, August 24, 2016, from 8.30am to 11.30am at the Time Oak Hotel & Suites, Barsha Heights (formerly TECOM) in Dubai.
Bringing together the winners of the fourth Annual EmiratesGBC Awards, the event titled ‘EmiratesGBC 2016 Annual Awards Winners: Leaders in the MENA Region’ – serves as a valuable opportunity for all stakeholders in the construction and sustainable development sectors to gain unmatched insights on developing and promoting sustainable built environments.
Six of the eight winners in the five main categories, including Green Facility Management Organisation of the Year, Green Building Material/Product Award, Green Building Research Award, and Green Building of the Year with its sub-categories including Green Hotel, Green School, Green Residential and Green Commercial Building, will showcase their innovative approaches and ideas at the event.
The winners will present an overview of their project, its contribution to the green building movement in the MENA region and their outlook on future innovations in this sector. This will be followed by an audience Q&A.
Saeed Al Abbar, Chairman of EmiratesGBC, said: “The showcase of the award-winning initiatives by green building champions from across the MENA region highlights the practical implementation of sustainable practices that drive green buildings. By bringing together the winners, we aim to create a regional model for sustainable built environments that is truly world-class and replicable.
“Next year, we are rebranding the EmiratesGBC Annual Awards to the MENA Green Building Awards, with an expanded remit, and through the support of the World Green Building Council. The presentation of the winning entries will inspire all industry stakeholders to push their boundaries and to innovate on green building practices that will contribute to the all-round sustainable development initiatives in the region.”
As part of the event, a tour of Time Hotel’s organic community garden has also been organised. Those who are interested in attending the event must pre-register at firstname.lastname@example.org. Admission is free.
Award-winning works to be presented at the event
- Enova Facilities Management Services, the winner of the ‘Green Facility Management Organisation’ award, will present the details of the first energy savings performance contracts in the region undertaken for JAFZA and DEWA buildings.
- RAK Research & Innovation Center, which won the award for ‘Green Building Research,’ will highlight its award-winning Solar Calorimetric Research Facility. It is the region’s first test facility that aims to identify procedures for easily modeling a range of building configurations using advance software simulation to investigate built environment comparisons by performing real outdoor tests.
- The winner of the ‘Green Building Material/Product,’ Daikin Middle East & Africa will present its VRV IV, a fully integrated HVAC Building Solution with individual zone controls that helps achieve high part load efficiency.
- The winners in the Green Building category will also highlight their best practices. Qatar Academy Msheireb (Green School) will showcase how it was constructed to achieve LEED Gold in accordance with the LEED for Schools Rating System (2009).
- Diamond Developers (Green Residential Building winner) will present the features of The Sustainable City, the net zero community in Dubai, with 10 megawatt peak solar installation, and 100% water and waste recycling.
- Oman Tourism Development Company (Green Hotel winner) will showcase its Alila Jabal Akhdar Resort that was designed to blend into the natural ecosystem by heavily emphasising on local materials, architecture and layout.
Other winners of the fourth Annual EmiratesGBC Awards include Majid Al Futtaim (Green Commercial Building for City Centre Me’aisem) and the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (Training Initiative for Carbon Ambassadors Programme 2015/16).